I’m pretty sure most of you know that I love Taylor Swift and most of you probably love her as well! I thought today I would go through my top 13 (because of course) reasons why Taylor Swift is awesome and everyone should love her.
1. Taylor is the best songwriter!!- Her songs are so good, they are so catchy but what really sets her apart are her amazing lyrics. Some of my favorites are
-“But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it Begin Again,”
-“And she thinks I’m psycho ‘cause I like to rhyme her name with things,”
-“Heartbreak is the national anthem, we sing it proudly,”
-“I was enchanted to meet you,”
-“Don’t you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine,”
-“Darling, I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.”
2. Taylor gives back! - Taylor has done countless selfless acts in her career that I can’t even name them all. That’s so rare for someone of her star status. She’s donated to NYC public schools and has done multiple events teaching kids the value of reading. She once went to a fan’s wedding and performed. She did a private concert for foster families the day before the opening night of the “Reputation Stadium Tour.” She meets so many of her fans who are battling serious illnesses. She also tries her hardest to meet as many fans as possible with secret sessions and rep room.
3. Taylor is Savvy and Strong!- She knows how to handle herself with poise and confidence. She can stand up for herself!
4. Taylor has the best music videos! - I mean have you seen "Blank Space?!?" And "LWYMMD?" And "Shake it Off?" And really all of them!!
5. Taylor makes her tours an experience!- Taylor’s tours are not like other tours, people get there hours before the opening acts start. It’s a place where Swifties meet their online best friend Swifties for the first! Swifties also dress up and look for Taylor’s mom and dad to get rep room passes and guitar picks! I mean, who else does that?!
6. Taylor keeps us guessing!- This one doesn’t even need explanation. What is coming on April 26th? I think it’s new music but who knows. Also, there are theories about palm trees and mermaids or is this like the time when we thought “1989” was about roses?
7. Taylor’s style is on-point!- Best street style ever! She always looks put together. I don’t know how she does it.
8. Taylor is so wise!- If you have any doubt, read her recent Elle US article “30 Lessons I’ve Learned Before I Turned 30.” She talks about overcoming fears, weight issues, standing up for herself, bullying and even her mom and dad’s cancer. Also, don’t forget about the “Clean” speech.
9. Taylor taught her self how to play the guitar!- When she was 12, she wanted to write songs, so she taught herself how to play guitar. How impressive is that? She would play until her fingers bled.
10. Taylor is just like us!- Even though Taylor is an international superstar, she is always reminding us about how she loves to play with her cats and bake. True fans know that the old Taylor never died!
11. Taylor is still close to her oldest friends and family!- Taylor is extremely close with her brother, mom, and dad. She is also still best friends with “Abagail” who she met when she was in high school.