10. “Big Girls Don’t Cry” by Fergie- I love this song, it's so catchy! And Jess Marino is in the music video. (If you’re a Gilmore Girls fan, you get it)
9. “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood- A classic angry break-up song. You don’t have to key your ex’s car, just listen to this song.
8. “Since U Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson- It’s one of those songs that you listen to in the car loudly. It’s amazing!
7. “Really Don’t Care” by Demi Lovato- The best way to get over a breakup is genuinely not caring at all. It’s the moment when you’re over the split that you are finally at peace.
6. “Telephone” by Lady Gaga- I get this song stuck in my head ALL THE TIME. It is seriously amazing and catchy.
5. “Used to Love You” by Gwen Stefani- I’ve loved this song ever since the day it came out! Every lyric is perfect. It’s about how the pain in the break-up is because you once loved that person so much and that’s why the betrayal hurts so badly. It’s so profound.
4. “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera- So good!!! It’s about thanking the person who hurt you! The intensity of this song is breathtaking.
3. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift- Some people hate this song, but I love it! It’s simple and is ending that tumorous on and off and on and off relationship.
2. “Hung up” by Madonna- This is the ultimate dance song. It is fun and has sass. This song uses being “Hung up” on someone and also literally hanging up on the phone. It’s so clever.
1. “Stronger” by Britney Spears- One of my all-time favorites! It is one of those songs that automatically makes me happy. I love how in “…Baby One More Time” the lyric is “My loneliness is killing me” and in “Stronger” a lyric is “My loneliness ain’t killing me no more.” So much strength! I love Britney!